Thursday, October 7, 2010

I want!


A woman passed away at the age of 91. She had an apartment she left before the second world war. She never returned to it. Her belongings remained there until this year. Love letters tied with a ribbon. Stuffed ostrich. Glorious turn-of-the-century furniture...and the pièce de résistance: a previously undocumented painting by the 19th century Italian artist Giovanni Boldini.


Holy cramoly. I have dreamed of discovering something like this. A few years ago there was a story about a little old woman (not the one who lived in the shoe), but she did live in a tiny home. She had the most incredible paintings and first editions of books (the Chaucer-type). They found them behind the fridge, and under her bed.


If only that were my problem: "Where to store all of this priceless art!"...

3 comments:

Critic said...

What a fantastic discovery! I wish I found that!

Anonymous said...

these are two of my dreams too... but i probably already have a book or two behind the fridge.

Jody said...

I love to been in that room if only for a momment!