Saturday, August 22, 2009

Hurricane Bill


image via cbc news

Matt and Oli ran to the store to fetch a pail of water...Seriously though, I know that hurricanes are dangerous and scary, but I am a teeny bit excited for gale force winds and torrential rains tomorrow. Something about storms....We have our survival kits ready with water, propane, candles, cash, avocados for Oliver, beer for Dad and wine for Mom.

As soon as I heard about waves that will swell to 2 meters in the storm surge, I thought...let's go to the harbour and watch. LOL! I blame my prairie upbringing for my lack of common sense concerning ocean-related activities....

I do want to mention that I am somewhat disappointed that my first hurricane is named Bill. Really? Bill? Is that all you could come up with? How bout Bartholomew, or Beelzebub, or Boris, the angry Russian hurricane. I don't know who is in charge of naming storms, but I'd like to get myself on that payroll...

*UPDATE: Found a link to a live webcam at Peggy's cove so you can watch too! (It's mostly fog today though...still beautiful.)
http://www.peggyscovewebcam.ca/live/

No comments: